Monday 22 October 2012

Autumn Daze


I think living in an urban bubble for the past 3 years rendered me blind to the beauty of seasonal change.  I realised this when walking my dog the other day.  We were caught in this amazing dusky light that you only seem to get this time of year, and I wondered if I had actually forgotten what Autumn looks like.  Now, back in Norfolk, Autumn is everywhere.  Here in the countryside the trees, en masse, actually turn orange enough for you to notice; dozens of game birds engage in sparring matches outside my window; and carpets of conkers appear out of nowhere on the roadside.  I think I had a bit of a sensual reawakening actually.  I love moments like that because I realise, if only for a second, that it's not so bad here, and it's sometimes fine that I'm alone, because I have these huge great sprawling skies to look at every time I go outside, and a happy little furry friend who loves me unconditionally every single day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment